5 Benefits of Meatless Monday
From social media to school cafeterias, the Meatless Monday movement is sweeping the globe. Are you considering jumping on the Meatless Monday bandwagon? Here are five benefits to motivate you and your family.
1. May Reduce Your Risk of Diseases. Research suggests that eating less meat and more fruits and veggies may reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes.
2. Weight Management. Take a look at these 8 Smart Swaps for Meatless Monday to see how easy it is to incorporate healthy meatless options.
3. Improved Nutrition. Eating veggies and whole grains increases your fiber intake and provides essential nutrients.
4. Save Money. Meat is more expensive than the ingredients used to make meatless meals.
5. Reduce Your Carbon Footprint. Meatless Monday conserves water and decreases fossil fuel and gas emissions. “An estimated 1,800 to 2,500 gallons of water go into a single pound of beef.”
Follow our vegan board on Pinterest for many Meatless Monday recipes.