8 Gluten-Free Hacks
Use these easy gluten-free baking tips and gluten-free food prep tips to make life with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity easier. Here you will find answers to some of your common gluten-free questions. Do I really need xanthan or guar gum when baking? How do I store gluten-free baked goods? How can I prevent cross-contamination when grilling or traveling? What fun gluten-free foods can I bring to a class party?
- Freeze baked goods to keep them fresh and then defrost as needed. Don’t store gluten-free baked goods in the refrigerator.
- When baking, you can skip the xanthan and guar gum. Or, substitute the gums with chia seeds or flaxseeds.
- Make a good gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.
- Make a single-serve mug cake in the microwave in minutes.
- Use veggies as sandwich buns. From lettuce to cucumbers, the options are endless.
- Use fresh fruit to make festive gluten-free foods for class parties, like Valentine Fruit Kabobs and Halloween Jack O Lantern Orange Fruit Cups.
- Wrap your food in foil when grilling to prevent cross-contamination.
- Use toaster bags when traveling and at college to prevent cross-contamination.
Never be caught without safe gluten-free food. Always bring gluten-free snacks with you, like certified gluten-free NuGo protein bars.