When following a low carb diet for diabetes, prediabetes, or weight loss, you can still enjoy your favorite comfort foods with some simple and tasty swaps to cut the carbs and calories. Cauliflower is so versatile that you can use it as a swap for rice, mashed potatoes, and even a pizza crust. Enjoy your favorite pasta dishes by substituting spaghetti squash or zucchini for the pasta. Use cheese slices to easily make low carb and gluten-free crackers or taco shells. These 10 low carb hacks will not only impress you, but amaze your family and friends!
- Use cauliflower to make rice, mashed potatoes, and a pizza crust.
- Make veggie noodles from zucchini, spaghetti squash, or other veggies.
- Use veggies as sandwich buns.
- Bake grain-free cloud bread.
- Use cheese slices to make low carb crackers or taco shells.
- Serve it as a bowl. From egg roll in a bowl to a Philly cheesesteak in a bowl, skip the carbs and enjoy the filling in a bowl!
- Make stuffed zucchini boats.
- Replace chips with homemade veggie chips, like Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips.
- Use polenta to make French fries.
- Stuff a strawberry with cannoli filling for a low carb dessert.
For a low carb snack, NuGo Slim contains 5-6 grams of net carbs and a 24 glycemic index.