To help with weight loss and overall health as you get older, increasing your metabolism can do wonders in helping you reach your goals. Fast metabolism aids digestion, and burns fat even when you're sitting at your desk!
A slower metabolism can throw off your weight loss plans and leave you feeling frustrated. But, high-calorie snacks can also affect your progress, and avoiding foods altogether actually tricks your body into storing fat instead of burning it.
Check out these simple, low-calorie snacks that you can enjoy between meals to get the most out of your metabolism and find your way to a fitter you.
1. Asparagus: Low in calories and high in nutrients, asparagus is a great choice if you're looking for a unique and versatile flavor.
2. Beans: High in protein and fiber, beans also provide a steady source of glucose to keep you energized up to your next meal.
3. Broccoli: A great source for Vitamin B for healthy effects on your metabolism, broccoli also helps with your digestion.
4. Coffee: Yes, even coffee helps boost your metabolism, but remember to avoid the sugar and cream or you risk adding too many calories and carbs.
5. Fruits: From berries to apples and oranges, everyday fruits are a great source for antioxidants that help you burn fat.
6. Lemon: Adding lemon to your water doesn't just make it taste better. It also adds Vitamin C, which can help burn calories.
Looking for a low glycemic snack that is low in both sugar and net carbs? Try NuGo Slim protein bars.