NuGo Slim bars are my GO TO for post workout. They are my GO TO for when I need something sweet but healthy & they are my GO TO when my day needs to perk up!
Their nutrition profile is really strong & have a great source of protein, which got me thinking. Why not try to create something out of them. So, I took a few of my other favorite vegan and gluten-free ingredients (peanut butter of course) and created new & improved energy bites featuring NuGo Slim as my source of protein!
These took about 6 minutes total to make & are so delicious. You can definitely try with any Slim bar flavor, but mint was a great choice!
NuGo Slim Chocolate Mint Energy Bites:
- 1 NuGo Slim Chocolate Mint bar
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ cup raw, gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup*
- Break up NuGo Slim bar into smaller pieces & place in blender with about 2 tbsp water. Blend until bar grinds down into mini pieces. (You don’t want it to be fully liquid, suggest to pulse a few times and mix around & then pulse again until small pieces remain)
- Pour NuGo Slim blend into bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Wet hands and roll into 8 balls (think ping pong ball sized).
- Place in fridge to cool & harden.
Each bite has roughly 7g protein, 110 calories, 2g fiber
*for a higher fiber version, sub in ChocZero Maple Vanilla syrup for pure maple syrup: changes nutrition to ~100 calories, 5g fiber per bite.