Melon and fruits add a sweet, fresh flare to homemade salsas. This vegan and gluten-free watermelon salsa recipe is perfect for serving into lettuce cups with grilled tofu, tempeh, or other entrees. Add beans or lentils and mixed greens to expand it into a clean eating salad. Pineapple, cantaloupe melon, mango, peaches and nectarines are all wonderful substitutes for watermelon.
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3-1/2 bunch (1/4 cup chopped) cilantro
- 1/2 sweet white onion
- 1/3-1/2 small watermelon
- 1-2 Tbsp lime juice
- Seasoning of choice (salt, pepper)
- Finely chop all ingredients and combine!
- Season to your liking; add more lime juice if you wish.
- Enjoy in wraps, with chips, over salad or into lettuce cups.