This easy gluten-free beet pasta makes a quick meal for Meatless Monday or any busy night. While cooking your favorite gluten-free pasta, mash pre-cooked beets and season. Combine all ingredients together, and top with Ricotta cheese. For a vegan version, make vegan Ricotta cheese from cashews or tofu.
- 5-6 Pre-Cooked Beets
- 1 Box Gluten Free Spaghetti (corn pasta recommended)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Small Container Ricotta
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Bunch Basil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Cook and drain pasta, keeping 1/2 cup water.
- Slice red onion, mince garlic, zest lemon and cut in half.
- Mash beets and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and cook onion.
- Add beet mixture, pasta, pasta water, ½ basil, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix it all together in the pan over low heat.
- Put on plate, top with half the ricotta, lemon zest, basil, and salt and pepper.
For dessert, enjoy gluten-free NuGo Dark in one of seven scrumptious flavors.