If you love vegan wings, you must try this low carb recipe for Cajun cauliflower wings. Instead of frying, the cauliflower is oven-roasted. While the cauliflower is cooking, the seasoning mixture is quickly prepared in the microwave. You will be amazed at how well the mixture coats the roasted cauliflower for the ultimate spicy flavor!
How spicy this recipe is depends on the amount of cayenne pepper. We suggest using ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper. Use less if you don’t want them to be too spicy. If you don’t want spicy, don’t use it. The more you use, the spicier the wings will be.
For dessert, enjoy cool and refreshing mint with vegan NuGo Slim Chocolate Mint.
Cajun Cauliflower Wings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¾ cup beer
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less if you don’t want them to be too spicy).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut Cauliflower into small bite sized pieces. Please on a cookie sheet then spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower roasts in the oven, combine ¾ cup beer, ¾ cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a microwavable bowl. Wisk together until smooth.
- Add in 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Place bowl in the microwave for in one minute. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir. Repeat until the mixture becomes thick. About three times.
- Once cauliflower is done, place it in a large serving bowl. Pour mixture over top and stir carefully to coat. Enjoy!