Everyone will be eating their veggies with these tasty grilled vegetable recipes, perfect for a Labor Day cookout or quick weekday dinner. Use these easy, gluten-free, and vegan recipes for grilling mushroom caps, corn on the cob, yellow squash, and tomatoes.
Total cook time on grill is 10-12 minutes on medium high heat.
Start by placing the mushroom caps on the grill first. Cook times vary, but everything can be done on one grill.
Start by putting the mushroom caps and corn on the cob on the grill first. Cook on direct heat 10-12 minutes.
- In a sauce pan on the stove, combine 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs, ½ cup spinach, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 steam fresh basil, 1 clove garlic, Oregano (or other fresh herbs), salt and pepper. If you need more liquid, add a little at a time, up to ½ cup almond milk. Cook until the panko is browned and the spinach is wilted (about 5 minutes).
- Wash and remove stem from each mushroom cap.
- Place mixture in mushroom caps.
- Can be topped with Balsamic Glaze if desired.
Corn on the Cob
- Cut the end of corn cobs then pull some of the outsides off. Leave a layer or two to help steam the corn.
- Rub with olive oil and salt and pepper.
After 3-5 minutes, add the squash on direct heat and the tomatoes on the top shelf or indirect heat. Cook another 7 minutes.
- Cut into lengthwise pieces about ¼ inch thick.
Rub both sides with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cut off the bottoms just enough so they are flat and can stand up.
- Then cut off the tops and deseed.
- Fill the tomatoes with Balsamic or Balsamic Glaze.
Remove from grill and enjoy!