If your sweet tooth is kicking in, try this gluten-free and vegan dessert hummus. It is not only full of plant protein, healthy fats, and fiber, but is also (and most importantly) delicious. A little skeptical? Trust me, don’t knock it ‘til you try it!
Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus with Chocolate Chips
Yield: 20 2TBSP servings
- 1 NuGo Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cookie
- 1 15oz can Garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup Honey (Make it vegan by replacing honey with agave or Bee Free Honee.)
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Water, as needed for consistency
- In a food processor, combine garbanzo beans and protein cookie until crumbly
- Add in peanut butter, cinnamon and vegan honey alternative, and pulse until incorporated.
- With the food processor on low, slowly stream in coconut oil until hummus is creamy and lumps are gone.
- Serve with pretzels, apples, or cinnamon pita chips.
Kcals: 105 Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g Fat: 7g