There are many health and environmental benefits associated with vegetarian diets, vegan diets and plant-based diets. Even simply eating an extra meatless meal each week can have benefits. Trying Meatless Monday is a great first step to gradually making a transition to a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Weight Loss – Research shows that a vegan diet can result in weight loss. Read about how a NuGo fan lost 95 pounds by a following a plant-based diet.
- Lower Blood Sugar Level – A vegan diet may have benefits for type 2 diabetes.
- Heart Health – An Italian study linked both vegetarian and vegan diets to significantly lower rates of ischemic heart disease and cancer. Additionally, a vegan diet may lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- Lower Cancer Risk – A major study in 2012 reported that vegans have lower rates of cancer than both meat-eaters and vegetarians.
- Better Digestion – Vegan diets are naturally high in fiber, which improves digestion.
- Water Conservation – There are many environmental benefits associated with eating vegan. “It takes 100 to 200 times more water to raise a pound of beef than it does to raise a pound of plant foods.”
- Combats World Hunger – According to VegNews, “More than 700 million tons of human-grade food goes into animal agriculture each year, which could instead be used to eradicate hunger.”
- Reduces Energy Consumption – That’s right, eating vegan can help to save the planet! A Cornell study found that it takes eight times more fossil-fuel energy to produce animal proteins than plant-based proteins.
NuGo Nutrition makes over 20 certified vegan bars to satisfy cravings and get a vegan protein boost. NuGo vegan protein bars are coated in luscious real dark chocolate. For vegan high protein and low sugar, there are four vegan NuGo Slim flavors with 16-18 grams of protein: Crunchy Peanut Butter, Espresso, Chocolate Mint, and Toasted Coconut. NuGo Dark, NuGo Organic and NuGo Free contain 10 grams of protein. For fiber that tastes like a soft-baked cookie, try Fiber d’Lish, available in seven vegan flavors.