Satisfy your Italian craving with low carb stuffed tomatoes. This easy meatless recipe only requires three ingredients and less than 10 minutes to cook! Make gluten-free, low carb and vegetarian stuffed tomatoes for a skinny Italian dinner.
- Roma Tomatoes
- Cheese (cheddar, blue cheese or feta work best)
- Balsamic or Balsamic Glaze
- Cut the ends off each side of the tomato so that it can stand flat.
- Cut the tomato in half vertically and pull out all the seeds
- In the two pockets you just made from removing the seeds, stuff the cheese
- Drizzle balsamic in the holes on top of the cheese
- If grilling, put these on the top shelf of the grill for about 8-10 minutes or until the sides start to get squishy. Or if cooking inside, place in the broiler for about 5 minutes.
For dessert, enjoy NuGo Slim high protein, low sugar bars with only 5-6 grams of net carbs.